Grief Workshops Overview
VNA offers two Grief Workshops each year. One is held in the Spring and the other in Autumn. Workshops are designed to meet the needs of a group who are experiencing significant losses in their life. We talk about our losses, tell our stories and learn practical, fundamental ways of coping with the changes in our lives. Grieving is hard work, therefore we provide workshops that invoke conversations and thought regarding the physical, social and spiritual issues that you might face.
This is what attending a workshop can do for you …
- Increase your sense of purpose
- Increase your feeling of support
- Increase your ability to cope with changes
- Decrease fearful thoughts and anxiety
- Decrease your sense of “I’m going crazy”
- …and help put spirit back into your life.
What’s each session about?
- Understanding (normalizing your grief)
- Non-judgmental conversation
- Sharing with others — good/not so good
- …and being in a safe, comforting environment.